Sunday, March 13, 2011

La Quinta Check-in and Out

My eighth day here in the Coachella Valley. Temps have been in the mid-80's, and the sun goes on and on. Tannis and Bucky have been great, taking me on drives, out to meet friends, walking with Lucy and I, and just hanging out. We are having a great visit - probably the best in years.
I've seen Mom twice since I've been here and she has really enjoyed her six weeks here with Vic. She and I went to the Thursday night market dntn Palm Springs which was great fun for the first hour and a half. It is very busy and after 1.5 hrs we had had enough.
Yesterday Tannis, Sonja (friend), and I went to the College of the Desert market - again a very full and active market overflowing with all sorts of arts, crafts, goods, and things I may or may not need. I bought a few trinkets; we didn't stay a long time mainly becasue of the heat bouncing back up off the asphalt.
Lucy has made good friends with both Tannis and Bucky, and cuddles up well with Bucky on the couch to watch TV.
Tomorrow Mom and I leave for a drive home via the coasts of CA and OR. A bit of a reverse drive of the trip she and I did in '89. Just yesterday. . .

The Japan events and ensuing crisis is frightening and sobering. Like all crisis' in the past 10 years, the images pour into the living room, along with the rhetoric. It is challenging to even wrap my head around what's really unfolding there, and seems very paradoxical as I sit here in shorts and enjoy a refreshing light breeze before this sunny day climbs in temps to 85, planning  a pleasant drive to Canada. So goes the dance of life for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment