Monday, February 27, 2012

La Quinta

22+ degrees greeted me as I turned off Interstate 10 on to Jackson, roadside hedges and shrubs and beds flush with colour and perfume. Was it really a year ago I left here? Feels like yesterday, but then, a lot of days feel like that to me. The edges blur some days between then and now, what was, what is. So it goes.

A beer on the patio, sun warming me in my shorts and light top, a hummingbird flits in to the feeder, not so sure about Lucy. The breeze is strong and scattering dried purple blossoms across the tile, keeping Lucy on edge.

The 5-day drive was long and I could have done it in 4. If I do it again, I'll shorten it. The drive was enjoyable, and I am ready to stay put for a few days. Time to yak, relax, and be on holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment