Sunday, February 26, 2012

Myss Nuggets


I was listening to an audio on-line last night of Caroline Myss. She noted that we generally vision a different-than-accurate picture of ourselves when we are working toward healing and change. Most of what she said made a lot of sense to me. We tend to vision ourselves as 20 years younger, or that we will regain all that we’ve lost when we heal. That we might see ourselves at the gym daily becoming fit, and eating well. While what she said makes a lot of sense, and I can certainly relate to it, this morning I wonder if some of that isn’t necessary to help facilitate change. If I continue to see myself the exact way I am, where is the room for change? Isn’t creative visualization about visioning what could be, what might be, what is possible? True, the vision does need to be possible. But we tend to put so many restrictions on what we think is possible, caveats at each corner, that surely our visioning is light compared to what truly might be available to us. I agree that I won’t be 30 again, a rocket scientist, a famous athlete, or a rock star. But I do see myself as re-balancing, centred, and moving forward, open to adventures, possibilities in creativity and relationship, trying new things, and embracing life. This visioning, imagining, helps propel me forward.

Myss also spoke about us asking for answers when there is no ‘reason’. We tend to expect a reason for everything. Why did that happen, and that? What was the point of this, and where is the logic in that event? Given that events happen based on a multitude of choices over a period of time (possibly many events over a long stretch of time), it is often impossible to determine what one thing precipitated an event. We continue to move within the age of reason, seeking answers when there may well not be any. We . . .  perhaps I . . . need to truly get that there are often no answers to life events. They happen. They are what they are. A myriad of choices have come into play, many outside my realm of knowing, perhaps even understanding. The ‘why’ of an event is not the point. There’s the 2nd nugget.

No comments:

Post a Comment