Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Head and Heart


February is about to be ushered out the door this leap year, March rumbling in with winter coat and mittens in many places south of the 49th. Slushy roads reported in Vancouver underscore my delight in sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt, temps in the 70’s and climbing to the 80’s by the weekend. As Ellen’s ads write it, “. . . an easy, breezy’ holiday unfolds here in La Quinta. Morning walks with Bucky and Lucy set up the day; I even managed to walk off the berm yesterday and closer to the Santa Rosa Mntns. I was introduced to Trader Joe’s yesterday – a fun, organic foods grocery store. It reminded me of Whole Foods.
Lucy is enjoying the long walks and 3 people to play with her and provide the attention she loves to receive.

Reflecting as I do, I realize that the putting one foot after the other has become easier (most days) as I journey. That, interestingly enough, allows for more thought about who am I, now? This is a deeper question that trips me up on occasion. Some days it’s an exciting prospect, other days a wide, daunting expanse of canvas needing a stroke of paint.  More canvas than I know what to do with a lot of days.  I guess this is a one-stroke-of-colour at a time opportunity (yes, that last word was intentional). Colour choices are mine, as well as the basic underlying sketch that guides the application of paint. Who knows what might reveal itself?

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Colleen, right now it's hailing!! Wish I was in the warmer weather in shorts and t shirt!!

    ReplyDelete