Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Way Opens

Seaside remains a delightful rest-stop with a fabulous beach and promenade, and Lucy and I have enjoyed a good romp on the beach. I even found a complete sand dollar which I left resting in the sand.
Earlier, while still driving, we passed jet-black new-born Angus calves pressed up against their Moms, striking against fresh green pastures. Not much later we drove by a field full of sheep, complete with teeny ivory-toned lambs. Surely Spring is on the loose here! I even saw daffodils in bloom along the promenade.

My day's start at 3:30 (who can sleep the night before a big trip) is catching up with me now as I am starting to tire. But since they have an indoor pool here, I will pop down for a quick splash. Hopefully Lucy won't bark while I am gone!

And here's a decidedly Coast moment: I was in the washroom on the ferry and noticed a bag on one of the chairs just inside the door. I assume the owner was using the facilities. I looked at the bag on my way in, and it was still there as I was washing up. I thought to myself, "Where else could you (or would you) leave your bag on the chair and be confident it would still be there when you came out?" It was a perfect reminder of the great place the Sunshine Coast is.

Off tomorrow early, with a stop at Tillamook for all things related to milk and cows. Moo. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment