Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yes to Yachats!

Still my favourite spot on the Oregon Coast! Arrived here at 4 PM, checked in to the Adobe Resort, and walked the 416 trail to the beach. Flooded with good memories. Saw whales very close to shore, blowing and showing their tails. An enjoyable beverage in the loft of the lounge and then clams with drawn butter in the dining room, with a fabulous sunset out the window. Does it get better than this? There is a part of me that is steeped in romance.
If I do a 'south in the late winter' again on the Oregon Coast, it will be no further south than Yachats. My heart is here in so many ways and it is a part of the Oregon Coast that makes my heart sing.


Tomorrow morning is a walk on the beach . . .       the seven mile beach . . .       at low tide, then to the Green Salmon for the best Chai Latte anywhere, hands down. Eventually into the car and up the coast, stopping to stock up on my favourite cheese choices at the Tillamook Creamery. Maybe even an ice cream cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment