Saturday, February 12, 2011

Daffodils and time

Yesterday I saw a few clumps of daffodils readying to unfurl their blossoms and greet the Spring. I doubt I will ever see daffodils without bringing Rita to mind. On what I would call her last 'good' day, she told me that during her morning meditations the daffodils had been singing to her. I was struck then, and continue to be, by what an amazing exchange that was for her, and how peaceful it seemed to be for her. A bit like transcending earthly constraints and connecting with all life force.
As I walk by daffodils, I wonder if they are singing and I just can't hear them. . .yet. Perhaps all flowers sing.

Fifty-two weeks ago Rita and I were here on the Oregon Coast, having arrived yesterday after a fun sleep-over at the Ace Hotel in Portland, recommended by her radiologist, Dr. Lim. And 42 weeks ago Rita died. It is still hard for me to grasp all that has unfolded these past few years, and what it means for me.

I was reminded  this morning in an email exchange of this woman who spoke at the first Affirm Conference I attended in Ottawa in 2002. A great speaker that inspired me; http://www.leannetigert.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment